Monday 16 May 2011

Thanks Rob!!!!

This post is dedicated to Chris' dad, Rob...and the amazing leather work he does as a hobby. I'm honoured to have three of his pieces of work and I just wanted to say Thanks to him for these amazing gifts. Rob is an exceptional tooler and has hundreds of fun stamps and knives and gadgets he uses to create these one-of-a-kind pieces that he graciously makes for friends and family. Here are my three!
The first piece I received as a gift was my wallet. I wanted a men's-style wallet but with a 'feminine feel' to it; so Rob tooled an owl on one side of it and my late grandma's name, Velma B, on the other side! The second piece I received was the cognac-colored shears carrier. I use this now everyday for my fabric shears; it has my name tooled on the reverse side. And, lastly, two weeks ago, Rob gave me a shoulder bag! This gift blew me away; the photos don't do any justice to the amount of hard work that went into this, and its complexity. This bag is hand-laced, tooled, and fully leather lined. Incredible! I am very lucky and proud to carry this shoulder bag and can't wait to fill it with picnic goodies on some motorbike rides this spring/summer!


Thank you Rob!!!

1 comment:

  1. Robs rad the bag he made Cara everybody loves and my tool bag I get asked about anytime I take my bike out

    ReplyDelete