Thursday 2 June 2011

HAPPY 60th BIRTHDAY MAMA!

Today my beautiful mom turned 60 years old. Words cannot begin to explain the profound love and appreciation I have for you, mama, but here are a few photos I've found that I wanted to share with you today:

Look! You were once only the size of a turkey!!



But it didn't take long for you to grow taller than grandma! You were such a beautiful young woman!


As a mother, friend, and confidant, you have been such a positive force, instilling confidence, courage and strength in me and Dion. You were (and are) always there to listen- be it in the middle of the night or middle of the day- you've always taken the time to truly listen...


However, I still haven't got over my fear of water just yet...but I do live on the coast now...so that's a start, right?




..and I've managed to learn how to properly apply "makeup" (I think)...


...and who would guess I'd ever design clothes?!?! you have given me the courage to discover who I really am and follow my dream of being a designer...


You've taught us values, the power of the Golden Rule, how to use the "stupid-sick-happy-smile" approach to dealing with imperfect situations, and, most importantly, manners!!


We come by it honestly!! really we do! see:



Through thick and thin, you've always been there. You've taught me some of life's most valuable lessons (thanks also to Helen Reddy) and you've held my hand and guided me when I couldn't have done it alone. You are woman! 


Thanks, mama. I hope your 60's bring you joy and love and wine! I wish I could be with you to tell you that in person. I love you to the mountains and back. Happy birthday, mama. XOXO








1 comment:

  1. Jillian Rae What a great gift this blog is! Thank you so much! I have just remembered that I can still laugh & cry at the same time! I wondered where some of those old pics went. Thanks for making 60 fun!! I love you dearly xoxo mama

    ReplyDelete